Storm Water Solutions Magazine Announces 2018 Top Project Winners
Tinley Park, IL (November 15, 2018) — Storm Water Solutions (SWS) revealed the 10 winners of the magazine’s annual Top Projects awards at a special luncheon during the 2018 SWS Conference & Exhibition. The annual contest recognizes the most effective and innovative storm water and erosion control projects from the previous 18 months that meet population and regulatory demands, address aging infrastructure needs, and implement cost-efficient technologies and best practices. This year’s winners include a green interchange reconstruction project, a pollution-minimizing program leveraging bioretention cells and bacteria-targeting fungi, and an air-inflated rubber dam diversion system.
“Nominations for the SWS Top Project awards demonstrate the industry’s commitment to finding exceptional solutions to the country’s storm water and erosion control challenges, and this year was no exception,” said SWS Managing Editor Lauren Baltas. “We’re thrilled to honor these noteworthy winners for their leadership, forward thinking and innovation.”
The 10 SWS Top Project winners are:
- Boliver Park Storm Water Management Project – Lakewood, Calif.
- Casey Key Road Stabilization – Sarasota, Fla.
- Interstate 95 Girard Avenue Interchange Reconstruction Project – Philadelphia, Penn.
- Missouri Avenue & Spring Lake Park CSO Green Infrastructure, Phase 1 – Omaha, Neb.
- Glenway Woods Preserve Storm Water Upgrade – Cincinnati, Ohio
- Santa Monica Clean Beaches Project for Pier & Pico Kenter Watersheds – Santa Monica, Calif.
- Shelley Road Green Infrastructure & Regenerative Step Pool Conveyance – Lancaster, Penn.
- South Shore Park project – Milwaukee, Wis.
- Texas A&M Storm Drainage Mitigation project – College Station, Texas
- Towson University Unitas Stadium Sewer Rehabilitation – Towson, Md.
In addition to recognition during the SWS Conference & Exhibition luncheon, all 10 winners will be featured in the November/December 2018 issue of SWS magazine and online at www.estormwater.com.